Tuesday 21 July 2015

Transitioning to Toddler Beds..

We decided to transition the twins into toddler beds before our next little bundle comes along..

The first night was last night.
Josh and I reviewed what we learnt at Tresillian with Mr X and tried to implement the same method with the girls.

Baby gate on the door, nothing but beds in the room.
Go in every time they get out of bed, don't speak and put them straight back into bed.
 Shushing for comfort from outside the door, just out of sight.

Last night I had my amazing child settler (Josh) to help me through. He did a brilliant job and had them down in a matter of 20 minutes!! However I have found, for whatever reason, the kids tend to be a lot more difficult and emotional for me.. So I was more than a little nervous when I had to do it all on my own!!

So, this morning I set myself up just out of sight and spent 45 minutes going in and out putting girls in bed - I must say, it's slightly more challenging with twins (and certainly without Josh!!) but I feel so proud that I have succeeded!!

I like the methods Tresillian implement for this transition, because I am offering a verbal comfort, they learn that bed time means bed time, and they learn to self settle.
How old were your kids when you put them in beds?

No comments:

Post a Comment