Tuesday 21 July 2015

5 Lies I Tell Myself Everyday


1 - I won't eat sweets today
One of the challenges of being a stay at home mum is that if there is any junk food in the house, you are tempted all day every day. Every morning I wake up thinking "today I am going to start to eat healthy" and come 9:30 I'm squatting behind the fridge door secretly stuffing my face with caramel slice. 

2 - I won't turn the tv on today
I have such good intentions when it comes to limiting or eliminating screen time for my kids in the morning. On the best of days, I'll get to horror hour and crack under the pressure of trying to cook dinner with Miss I and Miss C simultaneously trying to climb my legs while screaming and Mr X trying to 'help' me with the chopping. I'm sure my neighbours would have heard me yelling " OK!!! Who is ready to watch some Wiggles/Frozen/Shrek" at around the same time most days. 

3 - I won't bribe the kids with food
I never wanted to be a mother that used food to get what I want. Every morning I am determined to stop. However...
The three magic words in my house are "bikkies", "bananas" and "toast" and these things can give me a trip to the toilet solo, the chance to hide with my caramel slice or get a job done that requires two hands.  
If I'm honest, right now I'm handing out bikkies just to get this done. 

4 - I will catch up on the laundry
I am the first to admit that I suck at keeping up with the washing. Because it doesn't shout or cry at me to get attention and its hidden behind a door, I just don't remember. 
Despite my best intentions, I think my whole family should just get used to fishing clean clothes out of a basket for the time being. 

5 - I will get so much housework done while the girls sleep
On the days that the twins actually sleep at the same time, I have a list of cleaning that should be achieved. You know, the stuff that's too hard to do with toddlers and I'm too tired to do at nighttime - mopping, bathrooms etc. 
Instead, every time this happens I sit down for just a second to catch up on Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest and then all of a sudden it's been an hour, I've eaten three packets of chips and everyone is up again. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment