Wednesday 6 January 2016

The Threenager Emerges



My beautiful boy has been going through some changes lately.. He has decided (finally!) that he is ready for toilet training, he all of a sudden dislikes all foods that aren't watermelon, cheese and crackers, and he has grown an attitude.

These are all normal and expected at his age. So at least I may find comfort in the thought that most other mums of three years olds are going through the same thing..
However, it doesn't make the attitude any easier to parent..

Let me give you an example from earlier today..
Mr X "I want some watermelon".
Me (raised eyebrows) "That's not how you ask for something. Try again."
Mr X *mumbling quietly*
Me "I'm sorry, I can't hear you. What would you like?"
Mr X "I TOLD YOU FOUR TIMES!"
I had to turn around so he did not see me laugh.

Who is this and what has he done with my boy? I am still in shock at this attitude.

What's your favourite threenager story?

1 comment:

  1. Me: Maddie eat your tea
    Maddie:I don't want to
    Me:ok no worries go to your room
    Maddie: you have ruined my life (tears rolling down her face)!!!

    ReplyDelete